- Wired to consume, stats on American consumption
- To follow Jesus means to think of others as he did
- Sin wants to keep us selfish
- Through Christ we have the capacity to give our lives for others
- Selflessness is a community experience, not an individual goal
- The measure of Christian maturity is the capacity to be others focused
“The Christian way of life does not take away our lonelieness; it protects and cherishes it as a precious gift.” Henri Nouwen
“For a deep understanding of our own pain makes it possible for us to convert our weakness into strength and to offer our own experiences as a source of healing to those who are often lost in the darkness of their own misunderstood sufferings.” Henri Nouwen
- What keeps you from being others focused and giving your self to others?
- How does seeing Jesus humble himself under God and under humans help us follow his way?
- How can this community strive to be others-centered?
O Come to the Alter
Before The Throne of God Above
What a Beautiful Name