Who is Jesus?
Jesus is the Way.
What is He asking of us?
We must live by the Spirit.
- Jesus speaks to the disciples in the midst of their fear, anxiety, and emotional distress
- Three alternative responses besides faith (Ignorance, complacency, anxiety)
- Jesus tells His disciples he is leaving, and the Spirit is coming
- Who is the Holy Spirit and what does He do?
- Advent prayer: Lord teach me to be present with you and give me the peace of Christ
"Truth and life are the supporting characteristics of Jesus being the Way."
"We could live in faith or fear, not dismissing fear, but knowing that we believe in a God who is confident and strong and knows the plans He has for us."
"The imperfect is not a barrier to God, but it's evidence of Him."
"The prayer you can begin to pray every day is 'Lord, teach me to be present with You.'"
“Follow thou me. I am the way and the truth and the life. Without the way there is no going;
without the truth there is no knowing; without the life there is no living. I am the way which
thou must follow; the truth which thou must believe; the life for which thou must hope. I
am the inviolable way; the infallible truth, the never-ending life. I am the straightest way; the
sovereign truth; life true, life blessed, life uncreated.” -Thomas Kempis