- The patience of God: We must look to God’s example of love and patience for us
- Our patience with others: We must put on the clothes of godliness
- Can we be patience not just with people we like, but with people who provoke?
- Our patience with God’s process in us
- Our patience with God’s timing in life
- Hebrews 11 as narrative for faith and hope as the way of the heroes of the Bible
“If we would only recognize that every conflict is a test as to whether or not we will display Christlike character, the wisdom from above, and the reality of the Gospel in our lives." -Alexander Strauch
"Patience cannot be lived without love, and it cannot be sustained without hope"
"If we lose sight of the finish line, we may stumble and fall."
"If we don't recognize God's patience towards us, we can never have patience towards other people."
"If we can't display the gospel and have patience with people we love, then what hope do we have to display patience with people who disagree with us."
"I wonder if the root of our anxiety is we do not trust God to care for us in our current state."
"The Scripture calls us to press forward in perseverance."
"I wonder if the world doesn't believe in Jesus because they see Christians that are half heartedly believing the promises of Scripture."
"Do not wait in discontent, but wait with expectation and in joy."