Primary: Ephesians 5:15–21
Supporting: Romans 5:3
- Intro: What controls us?
- What is wisdom?
- Don’t be unwise, foolish, drunk
- Do be filled with the Spirit
- Four responses of being filled with the presence of Jesus
1. Addressing one another
2. Singing and making melody to the Lord
3. Giving Thanks
- Are we known for our gratitude or for our cynicism?
- Following God in all areas of our life. Are we controlled by God?
"Our greatest activity as Christians is seeking the things God loves."
"Foolishness gives more credit to the things that don't matter and it obscures the things that are important to God."
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.” –J. Elliot
"Being filled with the spirit does not require us to do more, its requires us to receive more."
"My fear is we try to do the things of God without the power and presence of God."
"If you're not controlled by God, what are you controlled by?"
- What practice or habit would help you examine your life more carefully?
- How does wisdom shape the way we use our time?
- Does your life feel marked by the presence of Jesus, being filled by the Spirit? If not, why not?
- Of the four responses of the Jesus directed life, which one is most easy for you? Which one most challenging?
Yes I Will
Come As You Are
No Other Name