Gen 11:4, Jeremiah 31:31-34, Ezekiel 36:26-27, Phil 2:6-8, Matt 16, 1 Peter 2:9-10, Matthew 7:19-23, 2 Peter 2:20-22, Revelation 5:11-14
- Family of God in the Beginning
- The first family trades living under God’s care and provision for a lie. They are deceived into sin, choosing a separate image.
- People of God in the Old Testament
- At the moment of exit for Adam and Eve, God is immediately planning a rescue mission.
- Church in the New Testament
- The church in the New Testament was a worshipping community actively seeking God’s kingdom.
- Church in the present
- Western church especially is looking for proof of effectiveness, proof of life improving because of believing in Jesus
- Kingdom of God in Heaven
- One day we will sit before Jesus, we will know the image of God because it will be fully seen.
"God makes His image, His presence and His active love known through the church."
"The New Testament and Old Testament are one great story of God's people coming back to Him."
"The church would love its enemies like Jesus said to, instead of being self focused, would look to the needs of others."
"The things we do will evidence the things we believe."
“Though we claim to believe the whole of Scripture in practice we frequently deny much of it by ignoring it, simply because it does not pander to the flesh or because it disturbs us” Martin Luther King Jr.
"There's a danger of trusting your faither over trusting Christ."
"If the church misses the King, we'll have missed everything."
"Christ died for the church not that the church would be dead, but that the church would be life."
Does the church display the image of God?
Does the church bring the presence of God?
Does the church actively love like Christ?
Build Your Kingdom Here
How He Loves