Philippians 1:1-2, Acts 6:1-4, John 1:1-5, John 1:14, 16-17, 1 Tim 3:8-13,
The Ministry of the Word
- Is Pursuit of God through studying the Bible, and interacting with the Lord in prayer.
- Is a ministry about Jesus. Where the people of God once came continually to the temple for cleansing, we now have lasting salvation and cleansing through Christ.
The Ministry of the Deacons
- Deacon means servant. One who serves in a way to allow the Word to have frictionless, unlimited application to your life.
- Deacons bring the Love of Christ to bear on you particularly through specific ministry
Deacon Qualification (1 Timothy 3:8-13)
- A life shaped by the gospel.
- Gospel in relation to God, Family, self, others
- Open to men and women. Rom 16:1 ,Phoebe was a deaconess, no authoritative teaching component of elder requirement.
- Support the transformational community.
- Bring the love of Christ into peoples lives.
"The ministry of the Word is a ministry about knowing Jesus. It's all about the ministry of the Word so people know who Jesus is so they're filled with the light and the life of Christ"
"I want the ministry of the word to dwell richly within you and I want people to know Jesus for who He is, not just in their mind but in their experiences. As I think about the ministry of the Word, it's not just teaching in our minds, it's experiencing with our hearts and experiencing with our hands who Jesus is and what He's doing, because the kingdom of God is advancing through His church and through the gospel."
"No matter what your role in the church, you are called to pursue Christ in a way that would evidence the gospel lifestyle. All of us are called to pursue Christ in this way."
"The role of a Deacon is to support the transformational community of the church."
"Even if you've been walking with Him for decades, every morning when you wake up you will still need the ministry of the Word to say 'I have chosen you, I've saved you, you're life is new.'"
"The hope of the church is not to have super stars running the ministry, it's to have all of us together in a generational discipleship pattern growing together knowing we're in dfiferent places and while we're in dfiferent places we're each learning Christ for the good of each other."
How are you experiencing God through the Word?
How are you supporting the ministry of the Word?
How are you bringing the love of Christ into people’s lives?
Say The Word
Worth It All
No Longer a Slave
Lord I Need You
Your Love is Strong